In this week, we are going to make the Interview with Ma Mary who is the Owner of Mahana Co.,Ltd.
1. We would like to begin the interview with some biographical information. Can you please let me know about yourself ?
I am Mary at 32 and a graduate from Assumption University. I am running the Amber Products.
2. When did you become Owner of Mahana Co.,Ltd and How did you start it ?
I have started workings on Amber Jewellery in 2015 and got idea to make local products with amber in 2016.So i did start to produce Amber Soap with honey with my friend.In 2017, the Amber Soap is upgraded in ingredients and packaging.Then the Amber Scrub is started to produce.
3. What are the main products of your company ?
The main Products are –
(a) Amber Soap
(b) Amber Scrub and
(c) Amber Shower Cream (coming soon)
4. Do you have factory or workshop by your own in Myanmar ?
I do have very small home factory in Mandalay. The employees are 3-5. The products are handmade and manual.Only some equipments are used.
5. What are the main challenges you face as a Myanmar manufacturers ?
Chanllenges are –
(a) lack of skillful employees
(b) lack of production equipment and technology due to not strong capital power
(c) lack of market platforms, promotions for local products from government side and
(d) complicated procedure to get approval in registration and administration
6. Are you exporting to other countries ?
Not yet. But there are some in process of asking product samples from Vietnam and U.S.
7. Do you have oversea Exports, Imports, Oversea Buyers and Trade Partners ?
Not yet. Some inquires are in the process.
8. Do you want to say anything to our MadeInMyanmar.asia Web Portal ?
Thank you very much for being a bridge to the market and let’s promote local SMEs Products together.